Frequently asked questions when starting therapy are answered below:
How much is the cost?
- Sessions are $98.00 per 45-50 minutes. If you are using insurance, you typically have a co-payment, this varies by insurance providers and your unique insurance plan.
- Payment is due at the time of session and I take Visa, MC, Discover, Amex, Paypal, Apple Pay, cash and check for payment.
- I request clients leave their debit or credit card information on file with me for co-payments and any outstanding balances.
Do you take insurance?
- Yes, I currently take Magellan Behavioral Health, Western Health Advantage, Optum, United Healthcare, Sutter Select, Blue Shield (California only), Cigna, MHN.
- Please be sure to first contact your insurance company by calling the 1-800 number on the back of your insurance card and ask if I am a covered provider.
- Also I am contracted with some EAP (Employee Assistance Program) providers. To utilize your free EAP services, first contact your human resources department and ask for their EAP provider number to schedule your confidential therapy session.
Is my information kept confidential?
- In general, yes it is. The law protects the confidentiality of all communications between a client and psychotherapist. No information is disclosed without prior written permission from the client. Insurance companies require I share information with them and we will have to do a release of information to use your insurance.
- However, there are some exceptions required by law to this rule. Exceptions include: Suspected child abuse or dependant adult or elder abuse. If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person. If a client intends to harm himself or herself.